Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Secret Sexual Life of the American Moth

The Secret Sexual Life of the American Moth, The Psychological Forces That Quietly Undermined America's Economic Foundation and The Math of Why it's Too Late to Recover.
by Douglas Allen

Book Description:
In progress, to be published Summer 2012.

Summary:
For years I have read, posted and sold hundreds of books covering the financial markets, economic theory and trading strategies from all angles. It's given me an incredibly broad perspective on how the universe and how markets work.

There are and have been scores of books written on cycles and financial bubbles, but for the most part the psychology behind the events they offer is very "surface level" and never really digs deep enough to explain fundamentally why we as a people are so prone to repeating financial disasters beyond fear and greed.

Since I have yet to find a book to give me answers, I set out to find my own. The result has been volumes of notes that I'm currently editing into my first book. What I discovered was game changing for me in the way I view crowd behavior and more importantly how I view our economy and monetary system.

The markets, our economy and our debt load are currently in uncharted territory and my hope with this title is to offer some greater perspective to the underpinnings of what got us here.

More importantly, I hope to give readers a much deeper and detailed understanding and appreciation of the strong psychology forces involved that will be much easier to predict then market direction in the coming years. For those trying to game theory an outcome it will offer essential insight.

With a collection of over 3000 financial books, I swore I'd never write one since the same material has already been hashed over a million times before with a slightly different angle from a thousand different authors. Well, I caved. Hopefully this one will be different, fingers crossed.

Regardless, It's been a tremendously enjoyable project and I look forward to sharing it later this year.

About the Title: In 1970, C.M. Flumiani wrote the book, "The Secret Sexual Life of the Stock Market." To date, this is still one of the rarest financial books in existence but I have yet to find and read it. Why it's been included in the title will be explained in the book.The "American Moth" part, I'm sure you've already figured that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The SRC Blue Book of 3-Trend Cycli-Graphs, Jan. 1982, 12 Years of Pricing, Earnings, Dividends

The SRC Blue Book of 3-Trend Cycli-Graphs, Jan. 1982, 12 Years of Pricing, Earnings, Dividends by Securities Research Company Softcover, car...